Handling Insurance Renewals: Avoiding Traps in Policy Wording, Reducing Exclusions & Notice of Circumstances
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss how corporate policyholders should approach their insurance renewal in the new normal of COVID-19 and how to utilize notice of circumstances to their advantage. The insurance renewal process has been impacted dramatically by COVID-19, and the 2020-2021 renewal cycle will be like no other in history. The program will also identify various policy provisions that should be examined to achieve the most favorable terms of coverage.
- How COVID-19 has impacted insurance
- What exclusions can be expected and how to deal with them
- How a notice of circumstances can maximize coverage
- What is a notice of circumstances?
- Pros and cons of submitting one
- Traps to avoid
- How to make a notice of circumstances most effective
- Identifying the most favorable policy wording for critical terms
The panel will identify and discuss these and other key issues:
- What roles should the broker and coverage lawyer play and how they can work together?
- How to identify and work around the most dangerous policy wording traps
- Strategies for purchasing an insurance program that will provide the best possible protection in a difficult environment
- Why the notice of circumstances is such a valuable feature in light of the changing landscape
Milone Law Firm
Mr. Milone has represented policyholders in trials, appeals, arbitrations, and negotiations involving a wide array of... | Read More
Mr. Milone has represented policyholders in trials, appeals, arbitrations, and negotiations involving a wide array of business liabilities and losses, including directors’ and officers’ liability, false advertising, asbestos and other toxic torts, event cancellation, cyber liability, False Claims Act, hazardous nuclear waste, and many others.Close