Getting M&A Deals Done: Legal Risks and Effective Strategies
Managing Changes and Mitigating Risks Between Signing the Acquisition Agreement and Closing
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide M&A counsel with best practices for deferred closings. The panel will review obtaining consents and handling changes in the target between signing and closing, including material adverse changes, allocating risk, satisfying closing conditions, and terminating the agreement if necessary.
- Deferred closings and main concerns
- Third-party consents or closing without consents
- Changes in the target business and material adverse effect
- Satisfying closing conditions
- Transitioning employees
- Terminating the agreement
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key issues that counsel must address in a deferred closing?
- How should counsel deal with changes that occur in the target business between signing and closing?
- Under what circumstances should counsel consider and advise clients to terminate the agreement and walk away?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
B. Scott Burton
Sutherland Asbill & Brennan
Mr. Burton focuses on corporate mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities, and the taxation of... | Read More
Mr. Burton focuses on corporate mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities, and the taxation of insurance companies and insurance and annuity products. His experience includes representing buyers and sellers in acquisitions and dispositions of private and publicly held life and property and casualty insurance companies, blocks of insurance business, and investment advisers.Close
Mark D. Williamson
Mr. Williamson practices in the areas of business, corporate, and securities law, with a focus on mergers and... | Read More
Mr. Williamson practices in the areas of business, corporate, and securities law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. He serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisition Team. He has experience representing both public and private companies and private equity funds in various corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, public and private offerings, tender offers, and debt financings.Close