Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act Compliance: Vaccination Recordkeeping and Incentive Programs
Impact of COVID, Preparing for Future Pandemics
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will advise employment counsel on issues related to compliance with the requirements of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) under federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws. The panel will discuss recent issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic and how this may affect data collection in future pandemics. The panel will address collecting information on vaccinations, the issues related to vaccination incentive programs, and how contact tracing of employees' family members may violate GINA.
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- Recent increased EEOC charge filings
- Collecting family member data
- Collecting vaccination status
- Vaccine incentive programs
- Best practices
The panel will discuss these and other key topics:
- What information can employers collect about employees' family members to properly contact trace during the pandemic?
- How can vaccination programs be incentivized without violating GINA?
- What are best practices for employers to comply with GINA in preparation for the next pandemic?
Laura M. Fant
Special Employment Law Counsel
Ms. Fant frequently counsels on employee leave and accommodation matters involving the Americans with Disabilities Act,... | Read More
Ms. Fant frequently counsels on employee leave and accommodation matters involving the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act and related state and local laws. She also provides general employment counseling and has experience reviewing and updating employee handbooks and company policies, as well as providing training on topics such as discrimination and harassment in the workplace, social media, and the accommodation of physical and mental disabilities. Ms. Fant is a frequent contributor to Proskauer’s Law and the Workplace blog.Close
to be announced.