FRE 803 Hearsay Evidence: Leveraging the Rules and Exceptions to Admit Evidence or Make Sustainable Objections
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will review the scope of the Federal Rules of Evidence hearsay rules and the most common and complex exceptions. The panel will outline best practices for either getting evidence admitted or making sustainable objections. The panel will also discuss the applicability of hearsay rules in pre-trial motions and proceedings.
- What is a hearsay statement?
- Common exceptions to hearsay rule
- The residual exception to the hearsay rule
- Best practices for getting hearsay admitted or making objections
- Applicability of hearsay rules in pre-trial motions and proceedings
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the most common pitfalls associated with hearsay evidence?
- When can hearsay be used for non-hearsay purposes?
- What is the scope of the residual exception to the hearsay rule?
- What are best practices for addressing hearsay in pre-trial motions and proceedings?
Thad K. Jenks
Weinstein Tippetts & Little
Mr. Jenks is a trial lawyer whose practice has included a significant amount of noteworthy products liability work. He... | Read More
Mr. Jenks is a trial lawyer whose practice has included a significant amount of noteworthy products liability work. He played an integral role defending a drug manufacturer after the most highly publicized drug recall in history. He also played a key role on the Texas team defending a tire manufacturer after the most famous recall in that industry. His practice has also included noteworthy cases in trademark infringement and construction defect law.Close
Chadwick A. McTighe
Stites & Harbison
Mr. McTighe is a member of the Business Litigation Service Group and the Class Action Defense and Appellate... | Read More
Mr. McTighe is a member of the Business Litigation Service Group and the Class Action Defense and Appellate Advocacy teams. He represents clients in a wide range of business and commercial litigation matters, including extensive practice in class action litigation, shareholder and membership disputes, and fiduciary duty litigation.Close