Form 3115 Change in Accounting Method: Navigating the IRS Repair Regulations
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will prepare corporate tax professionals and tax advisers to successfully navigate the Form 3115 Change in Accounting Method filing requirements that have emerged with the recent tangible personal property regulations (the “repair regulations”).
- Discussion of repair regulations and requirement to file Form 3115
- Completing Form 3115 Change in Accounting Method and required calculations
- Implementation of Change in Accounting Method regs and Rev. Proc. 2015-20 relief from Form 3115 requirements
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Why do the repair regulations require a change in accounting method?
- What calculations and disclosures are required with the preparation of a Form 3115?
- What are the ramifications of the relief regulations in Rev. Proc. 2015-20?
- What strategies and best practices should corporate tax professionals implement to handle Form 3115 questions?
Senior Manager, Income Tax & Accounting
Ms. Messner's attached to the firm’s Washington National Tax Practice. Her work has focused on consulting on... | Read More
Ms. Messner's attached to the firm’s Washington National Tax Practice. Her work has focused on consulting on federal tax accounting issues including accounting methods, timing provisions governing income and expense recognition, accounting period issues, and IRS procedures on changes in accounting methods and periods. She has a combined 19 years of experience with Big Four firms.Close
Andrea B. Mouw, JD
Ms. Mouw focuses on federal, state and international tax issues. Her key areas of expertise include accounting method... | Read More
Ms. Mouw focuses on federal, state and international tax issues. Her key areas of expertise include accounting method issues such as income and expense recognition, capitalization, Section 199 and inventory issues. She has experience with FATCA guidance, co-leads her firm's Repair Regulations initiative, and facilitates numerous internal and external educational sessions related to the repair regulations, Section 199 and accounting method and periods. She leads the firm's accounting methods and period practice helping clients navigate and identify appropriate accounting methods and modifications.Close
Manager, Accounting Methods & Periods
As part of RSM’s Washington National Tax practice, Mr. Corcoran specializes in federal accounting methods areas... | Read More
As part of RSM’s Washington National Tax practice, Mr. Corcoran specializes in federal accounting methods areas such as capitalization, depreciation, and income and expense recognition. He also assists offices in the firm with questions related to accounting periods and has experience with analyzing and reviewing existing accounting methods for compliance and optimization.Close