Form 1041: Estate and Trust Tax Reporting
Allocating Income and Deductions, Calculating DNI, Understanding Reporting Rules for Trusts, and More
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will improve return preparers' familiarity with preparing Form 1041, such as calculating distributable net income, allocating income between the trust and beneficiaries, and understanding reporting rules for revocable and irrevocable trusts.
- Preparing Form 1041
- Taxable income
- Calculating distributable net income
- Allocating income between trust and beneficiaries
- Selecting a year end
- Reporting rules
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What complexities should tax preparers be cognizant of when allocating income between a trust and beneficiaries?
- What issues should be considered when calculating distributable net income?
- What common mistakes should tax preparers avoid when preparing Form 1041?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Robert E. Barnhill, III
Atty, CPA/PFS, CFP
Robert E. Barnhill, Atty at Law
Mr. Barnhill's practice focuses on wealth accumulation and compensation planning. He presents and authors on Form... | Read More
Mr. Barnhill's practice focuses on wealth accumulation and compensation planning. He presents and authors on Form 1041 and other subjects, including comprehensive estate plans, family limited partnerships, and irrevocable life insurance trusts. He consults, prepares and implements a variety of wealth accumulation and transfer plans.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.