Fintech M&A: Deal Structuring, Due Diligence, Compliance and Management Concerns
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will analyze the unique legal challenges in fintech M&A and investment transactions. The panel discussion will include regulatory considerations, due diligence, how to address the differences in internal compliance controls and culture between financial institutions and technology firms, and critical deal terms.
- Trends in fintech M&As
- Tech vs. financial institutions: cultural differences and impact on deals
- Due diligence of a fintech target
- Positioning a fintech target for acquisition—gap analysis of compliance protocols
- Key deal terms
- Addressing transition of management: retaining talent and key persons
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What is fintech?
- How do fintech companies and fintech investors/acquirors, such as banking institutions, differ in corporate culture, and how might it impact a transaction?
- What are the key due diligence concerns for a bank or private equity firm looking to acquire or invest in a fintech company?
- Why might retention of certain technology personnel be particularly important in a fintech acquisition or investment?
- What are some key provisions that should be included in a fintech acquisition or investment agreement?
Matthew H. Nemeroff
Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom
Mr. Nemeroff, part of the firm's financial institutions practice, focuses on mergers and acquisitions,... | Read More
Mr. Nemeroff, part of the firm's financial institutions practice, focuses on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and financing transactions. He advises clients on a variety of U.S. and cross-border transactions involving financial institutions in the banking, financial technology, insurance and specialty lending sectors. He also counsels private equity sponsors and strategic investors in connection with investments in financial institutions and financial technology companies. Additionally, he has contributed to various thought leadership pieces on fintech-related matters.Close
Marcel T. Rosner
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
Mr. Rosner is part of the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions Group with experience representing private equity firms,... | Read More
Mr. Rosner is part of the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions Group with experience representing private equity firms, financial institutions and other clients in acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and other strategic transactions. He also focuses on fintech-related matters, with a particular emphasis on blockchain-based technologies. He co-authored an article for the Michigan Law Review, "Understanding & Regulating Twenty-First Century Payment Systems: the Ripple Case Study," which explained how distributed ledger technologies work and considered regulatory issues applicable to distributed ledger technologies. He also co-authored, with Vice Chancellor J. Travis Laster of the Delaware Court of Chancery, an article to be published in The Business Lawyer discussing the recent amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law, which enables Delaware corporations to use blockchain technologies to maintain their stock ledgers. He also has presented on blockchain issues and contributed to various thought leadership pieces on fintech-related matters.Close