Financing of Bitcoin and Other Crypto Assets: Structuring, Regulatory, Valuation, and Hedging Issues
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will analyze legal challenges to financing bitcoin and other crypto assets for bank and non-bank lenders. The panel will discuss the underlying blockchain architecture for transferring cryptocurrencies and regulatory, custodial, and UCC perfection issues concerning financing these assets.
- Reasons for financing digital assets
- Structuring considerations
- Key terms
- Custodial considerations
- Practical considerations
- Perfecting a security interest in digital assets
- Current UCC framework
- Recent UCC amendments
- Regulatory considerations
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How should a lender document a loan secured by cryptocurrency?
- What are some of the issues with perfecting a UCC security interest within a blockchain?
- How does the categorization of Bitcoin as a commodity affect the regulatory implications of financing such an asset?
- What are the securities law concerns associated with the financing of digital assets?
Brandon M. Hammer
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton
Mr. Hammer’s practice focuses on financial institutions and transactions.| Read More
Mr. Hammer’s practice focuses on financial institutions and transactions.Close
Mr. Ott is an attorney in Ice Miller’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice, where he counsels banks,... | Read More
Mr. Ott is an attorney in Ice Miller’s Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice, where he counsels banks, financial institutions and other creditors in distressed situations. He is experienced in all aspects of the workout, restructuring and bankruptcy process, providing clients with thorough analysis and creative solutions.Close