Financially Distressed Healthcare Facilities: Restructuring and Insolvency Options
Evaluating Bankruptcy and Other Alternatives While Preserving Quality of Care
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide counsel to healthcare facilities with a review of restructuring options available to distressed facilities. The panel will also provide legal and business strategies for healthcare facility operations under pressure in the current economic environment.
- Distressed hospitals and healthcare facilities—current trends
- Weighing the options
- Negotiate restructuring plan with creditors, regulatory and financing authorities
- Strategic alliance or sale of the hospital
- Section 363 considerations
- Chapter 11 protection
- Bankruptcy code’s treatment of healthcare businesses
- Patient care ombudsman
- Not-for-profit entities
- Participation in Medicare and other federal healthcare programs
- Strategies for hospitals and healthcare facilities in distress
- Business strategies
- Legal/regulatory strategies
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the business and legal options available to hospitals and healthcare providers currently facing significant financial distress?
- What legal and business considerations should hospitals take into account when deciding whether to file for bankruptcy and navigating the bankruptcy process?
- What are some strategies for healthcare facilities negotiating financial issues with creditors, regulators and the federal government?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Samuel R. Maizel
Pachulski Stang Ziehl & Jones
His practice includes bankruptcy matters and financial restructuring in and out of court, with a focus on the... | Read More
His practice includes bankruptcy matters and financial restructuring in and out of court, with a focus on the healthcare industry. He has lectured extensively, is widely published, and been interviewed on television and radio on bankruptcy topics.Close
Richard J. Zall
He counsels clients in the planning and execution of healthcare-related corporate transactions including mergers and... | Read More
He counsels clients in the planning and execution of healthcare-related corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, and equity and debt financings; the structuring of joint ventures and other contractual relationships among various health industry parties; and compliance with federal and state healthcare regulations.Close
Hector G. Calzada, Jr.
Deloitte Corporate Finance
He is a member of the firm's Health Sciences & Government Industry Group. He has extensive experience advising... | Read More
He is a member of the firm's Health Sciences & Government Industry Group. He has extensive experience advising clients in valuation and financial advisory matters. He has provided valuations and advisory services for fairness opinions, corporate planning and strategic alternatives.Close