FCRA Litigation Against Employers: Drafting Policies and Procedures for Compliance, Leveraging Defense Strategies
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide employers and their counsel on preventing and defending against Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) lawsuits arising from employee background checks. The panel will review FCRA statutory requirements, best practices for developing background check policies, and strategies for defending against individual and class claims.
- FCRA requirements
- Best practices for preventing claims
- Techniques for defending lawsuits
- Drafting employment policies
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the technical FCRA requirements with which employers must comply?
- What pitfalls lead to FCRA violation allegations, and how must employers prevent such claims?
- What are the best practices necessary for drafting employment policies such as background checks?
- What are the theories available for defending against FCRA class action lawsuits?
- What types of damages are available for noncompliance with the FCRA's requirements?
Pamela Q. Devata
Ms. Devata specializes in all aspects of employment defense including counseling, training, and litigation. She... | Read More
Ms. Devata specializes in all aspects of employment defense including counseling, training, and litigation. She also has a special emphasis on the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and state laws effecting background screening. She counsels both employers and providers (resellers and consumer reporting agencies) of background information on compliance requirements under the FCRA and related state laws.Close
Joseph A. Lazazzero
Mr. Lazazzero represents and advises clients in various aspects of labor and employment law including discrimination,... | Read More
Mr. Lazazzero represents and advises clients in various aspects of labor and employment law including discrimination, harassment, and non-compete cases.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 02/05/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/05/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H