FCPA Compliance in Hiring Practices in Foreign Markets
Minimizing FCPA Enforcement Risks, Strengthening Compliance Procedures for Pre- and Post-Hiring, and Navigating Conflicts of Interest
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to counsel for companies to ensure Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance when hiring in foreign markets. The panel will review recent FCPA enforcement actions and offer strategies to minimize the FCPA risk during the hiring process.
- FCPA risks in hiring
- Lessons from recent enforcement actions
- Compliance practices and procedures
- Strategies for recruiting individuals in foreign markets without violating the law
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What lessons can be learned from recent enforcement actions?
- What policies and procedures should companies have in place to minimize FCPA risks during the hiring process?
- What steps should counsel take after hiring an individual if a potential issue is then discovered posing FCPA risks?
Edward J. Fishman
Mr. Fishman advises clients with respect to government and internal corporate investigations, corporate transactions,... | Read More
Mr. Fishman advises clients with respect to government and internal corporate investigations, corporate transactions, and related regulatory matters. He focuses on FCPA compliance and auditor independence requirements. Mr. Fishman has extensive experience representing companies in connection with FCPA compliance, due diligence, training and other risk management procedures. He also regularly advises clients on matters before the DOJ and the SEC.Close
James G. Tillen
Miller & Chevalier
Mr. Tillen has significant experience with every facet of an FCPA enforcement matter, including developing work... | Read More
Mr. Tillen has significant experience with every facet of an FCPA enforcement matter, including developing work plans for internal investigations, conducting internal investigations, developing remediation strategies, drafting voluntary disclosures, negotiating resolutions, developing strategies for collateral issues, selecting independent monitors, and interfacing with monitors.Close