FATCA Reporting: Filing Form 8938 for Taxpayers With Foreign Assets, Integrating Latest IRS Guidance
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will provide tax advisers with a practical guide to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) reporting for taxpayers holding foreign assets. The panel will define reportable specified foreign assets, discuss valuation issues, and offer thorough instruction on completing Form 8938, Statement of Specified Foreign Assets. The webinar will explain the latest changes to Form 8938 and review IRS guidance for reporting requirements.
- Specified foreign financial assets requiring information reporting on Form 8938
- Preparation of Form 8938, Statement of Specified Foreign Assets
- Exceptions to filing Form 8938 and relationship among Forms 8938, 5471, 8865, 8833, and the FBAR
- Penalties for noncompliance and options for curing noncompliance
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- Who must file Form 8938
- What to report on Form 8938
- Final regulations that apply reporting requirements to specified domestic entities
- The overlap of FATCA reporting with foreign bank account reporting
Igor S. Drabkin
Holtz Slavett & Drabkin
Mr. Drabkin represents tax clients in disputes with the IRS and state revenue authorities, both administratively... | Read More
Mr. Drabkin represents tax clients in disputes with the IRS and state revenue authorities, both administratively and in court. Previously in his career, he was a senior IRS trial attorney and a special assistant U.S. attorney on bankruptcy cases involving tax matters.Close
Kostelanetz & Fink
Mr. Mohammad joined the firm in 2000. His practice areas include commercial litigation, tax controversies, and state... | Read More
Mr. Mohammad joined the firm in 2000. His practice areas include commercial litigation, tax controversies, and state and federal criminal litigation. Mr. Mohammad received his B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1995, and graduated cum laude and Order of the Coif (top 10 percent) from the University of Michigan Law School in 1998.Close
Early Discount (through 08/20/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.