FASB's ASU 2010-06: Expanded Requirements for Fair Value Disclosures
Navigating New Guidance for Disclosing Valuation Techniques and Measurements
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This course will prepare accounting advisors and corporate finance professionals to make complete and accurate disclosures about fair value techniques and measurements, under the new guidelines provided by ASU 2010-06.
- Background of other FASB initiatives to improve fair value disclosures
- FAS 157
- ASC 820-10 (fair value measurements and disclosures)
- ASC 715 (compensation—retirement benefits)
- Material aspects of ASU 2010-06
- Disclosure of amounts of, and reasons for, transfers between fair value hierarchy levels
- Disclosure of, and following, policy for transfers between levels
- Separate presentation of gross information about purchases, sales, issuances and settlements in reconciliation disclosure of Level 3 measurements
- Disclosures of inputs and valuation techniques used in recurring and non-recurring Level 1 and Level 2 measurements
- Disaggregation of classes of assets and liabilities, in fair value measurement disclosures
- Effective dates
- Disclosure scenarios likely to face businesses and valuation advisors
- Alternatives to comply with ASU 2010-06 in those scenarios
The panel will better prepare you when it comes to:
- Establishing which asset and liability class information must be disaggregated in existing fair value disclosures.
- Making required disclosures of transfers, purchase and sale information, inputs, valuation techniques and other valuation-related activities in a clear fashion.
- Following the terms of ASU 2010-06 within the context of other FASB guidance on fair value disclosures and measurements.
Director, Forensic and Litigation Practice
He specializes in complex securities analyses and valuations related to corporate restructurings and litigation.... | Read More
He specializes in complex securities analyses and valuations related to corporate restructurings and litigation. Previously, he worked as a financial planning analyst for a financial services company and as a strategic planning analyst for a Fortune 500 retailer.Close
Partner, Securitization Advisory Services
Deloitte & Touche
He has 16 years of experience at Deloitte and works with securitizers of various types of international and domestic... | Read More
He has 16 years of experience at Deloitte and works with securitizers of various types of international and domestic assets, particularly collateralized debt obligations and derivatives.Close
Partner, Financial Services Group
He has more than 27 years of accounting and audit experience and is particularly active in the capital markets sector,... | Read More
He has more than 27 years of accounting and audit experience and is particularly active in the capital markets sector, working with accounting for derivatives and other financial instruments, asset securitizations, investment management, alternative investment funds and international financial organizations.Close