Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: Implications of Forbearance and Eviction Moratoriums for Multifamily Lenders, Borrowers
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the implications of loan forbearance and other directives issued by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac since the beginning of the COVID pandemic, with particular focus on what has changed in documenting and servicing multifamily loans. The panel will also discuss issues lenders must consider when current forbearance and eviction moratoriums expire.
- FHFA oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- CARES Act, CDC, and other tenant eviction moratoriums
- Fannie and Freddie forbearance directives
- Underwriting parameters
- Modifying the loan
- Servicing and reporting requirements
- Issues to consider upon the termination of forbearance
The panel will review these and other important issues:
- When are current eviction moratoriums set to expire, and how will that impact the forbearance directives currently in place?
- How does a lender determine when a borrower is eligible for forbearance?
- How is forbearance documented and extended?
- What happens to forborne loan payments when forbearance expires? Do the new payment terms vary with the type of loan program?
Michael C. Flynn
Co-Chair, Mortgage Banking Group and Financial Services Regulatory Group
Mr. Flynn applies his unique background as the former Acting General Counsel of HUD, and the former General Counsel of... | Read More
Mr. Flynn applies his unique background as the former Acting General Counsel of HUD, and the former General Counsel of PNC Mortgage and Flagstar Bank, to counsel clients on a variety of regulatory, mortgage, consumer financial services, FinTech and real estate matters, including: mortgage and consumer financial services regulatory – advising clients on federal and state legal requirements for originations and servicing, including licensing, TILA, RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, FCRA, TCPA, SCRA, MLA, and LO Comp, and state laws such as the California Financing Law, the California Homeowners Bill of Rights and the New York Financial Services Law; bank regulatory, both state and federal; mortgage secondary market transactions – whole loan sales (bulk and flow) and mortgage servicing rights sales, as well as broker and correspondent lender agreements, among others. Mr. Flynn is a fellow of the American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers, and the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. He is the Chair of the American College of Mortgage Attorney’s Residential & Regulatory Committee and serves on the Board of Governors for the Conference of Consumer Law.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 02/05/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 02/05/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H