Family Law and the Role of Financial and Asset Experts
Evaluating Whether, When and How to Use an Expert
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare family law attorneys to use financial and asset experts. The panel will discuss when to consult with a financial and asset expert and the areas in which the expert can provide invaluable support in preparing your case.
- Type of Financial or Asset Expert
- When and How to Use the Expert
- How to Challenge the Expert
- Financial or Asset Expert as a Consultant
- When to Compromise
- Methods and Approaches for Business Valuations
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the best practices for family law attorneys in deciding when to engage the services of a financial and asset expert?
- What kind of financial or asset expert should be used and why should the family law attorney use the expert?
- What are the most effective ways to utilize the services of a financial and asset expert throughout the case?
- What strategies can the practitioner use to challenge opposing party's financial and asset expert?
- How can the financial expert be used as a consultant?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Lynne Z. Gold-Bikin
Weber Gallagher Simpson Stapleton Fires & Newby
Ms. Gold-Bikin is a partner in the firm's Family Law Practice Group, which she chairs. She was named one of the 50... | Read More
Ms. Gold-Bikin is a partner in the firm's Family Law Practice Group, which she chairs. She was named one of the 50 Best Business Women in Pennsylvania, named by Worth Magazine as one of the top 10 divorce lawyers in the country and one of the Top 100 lawyers in 2007. Ms. Gold-Bikin published numerous articles, journals and books, and often appears as a commentator on family law issues in many local and national media.Close
Martin S. Varon
Alternative Resolution Methods
He is a CPA, CVA, CEBS, Certified in Financial Forensics, accredited in Business Valuations by NACVA, and is a... | Read More
He is a CPA, CVA, CEBS, Certified in Financial Forensics, accredited in Business Valuations by NACVA, and is a Certified Financial Neutral in Collaborative Law. As a Principal of Alternative Resolution Methods, he is a consultant and expert witness in financial valuations and forensic and investigative accounting. He published numerous articles and is a frequent speaker at bar conferences.Close
Natalie Parker Bluestein
Bluestein & Douglas
She is an expert in family law, as a litigator and mediator. She is immediate past president of the SC Women Lawyers... | Read More
She is an expert in family law, as a litigator and mediator. She is immediate past president of the SC Women Lawyers Association, is co-chair of Charleston County Family Court Liaison Committee, is the Ninth Circuit and Regional Chair of the SC Resolution of Fee Disputes Board, and is a member of the Charleston County Bar Executive Committee. She speaks extensively at numerous CLE’s and seminars.Close