Fair Credit Reporting Act: Litigation, Regulatory and Enforcement Developments in the Financial Services Industry and Beyond
Minimizing Exposure to Litigation and Adapting to Evolving Regulatory Oversight
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide banking and consumer financial services counsel with a review of the evolving FCRA litigation, regulatory and enforcement environment, including current trends and developments in FCRA compliance and class action litigation.
- FCRA requirements
- The shifting litigation, regulatory and enforcement environment
- The FTC’s 40 Years Report
- CFPB guidance
- Cutting edge legal theories
- Robins v. Spokeo update and analysis
- Against consumer reporting agencies
- Against furnishers
- Against employers
- Expansion beyond traditional financial services targets
- Common FCRA trouble spots and high risk technical issues
- Class action defense tactics and strategies
- Lessons learned from cases, verdicts, settlements and enforcement actions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How has the FCRA landscape shifted and where is it heading?
- What are the current FCRA class action trends?
- What pitfalls lead to FCRA violation allegations and how can financial services companies prevent such claims?
- What lesson can be learned from FCRA cases, verdicts, settlements and regulatory enforcement actions?
David N. Anthony
Mr. Anthony is an experienced trial attorney with a concentration in litigating financial services and business... | Read More
Mr. Anthony is an experienced trial attorney with a concentration in litigating financial services and business disputes, including class actions. He has represented national, regional and local banks, lenders, a national credit reporting agency, furnishers, debt collectors, background screening companies, employers and other consumer finance entities against claims under the FRCA, FDCPA, TCPA, ECOA, state consumer protection acts and common law.Close
Angela E. Kleine
Ms. Kleine is a litigator, focusing her practice the defense of consumer class actions against financial services... | Read More
Ms. Kleine is a litigator, focusing her practice the defense of consumer class actions against financial services companies and in enforcement actions and investigations. She has experience litigating and advising on matters related to fair lending, mortgage modifications, applications, and refinances, foreclosure and consumer reporting. Ms. Kleine is a frequent author and lecturer on financial services litigation.Close
Rebecca E. Kuehn
Ms. Kuehn’s practice is focused on consumer financial services and consumer protection matters. She counsels... | Read More
Ms. Kuehn’s practice is focused on consumer financial services and consumer protection matters. She counsels financial institutions, consumer reporting agencies, service providers, and others in complying with consumer financial laws and prohibitions against unfair, deceptive, or abusive trade practices. Ms. Kuehn represents clients before federal and state agencies, particularly the FTC and CFPB, in investigations and other proceedings.Close