Extension and Expansion Options in Commercial Leases: Key Provisions and Practical Considerations
Rent Calculation, Performance Conditions, Limitations on Assignment, Risk Management Requirements
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide practical guidance to real estate counsel on options provisions in commercial leases, with a focus on best practices in negotiating, drafting, and documenting commercial lease renewal options, options to expand or reduce the space leased, and options for early termination. The panel will also address the interplay between these options and related rent escalation and rent formula calculation clauses.
- Options to renew
- Options to expand or reduce the space leased
- Options for early termination
- Rent calculation
- Rent escalation
- Related provisions
- Risk management
- Case studies and examples
The panel will review these and other related issues:
- How can counsel draft options in lease provisions that protect their clients--whether landlord or tenant?
- What are the best practices for drafting options provisions in commercial leases?
- How should counsel draft options to renew, options to expand or reduce the space leased, and options for early termination?
- What is the interplay between lease options and related rent escalation and rent formula calculation clauses?
- What are the importance of performance conditions, limitations on assignment, and other risk management requirements?
Shearman & Sterling
Mr. Ferranti has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial real estate transactions, including in... | Read More
Mr. Ferranti has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial real estate transactions, including in the areas of acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, development projects, foreign investment, financings and ground and space leasing. He regularly represents financial institution, sovereign wealth fund, investment fund and individual and institutional investor and developer clients including Olayan America, Credit Suisse, Shorenstein Properties and Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. Mr. Ferranti has written publications in Real Estate Finance & Investment and Law360 and has been involved in a number of speaking engagements at seminars and conferences on various real estate subjects.Close
Howard R. Majev
Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
Mr. Majev is a seasoned real estate attorney with extensive experience in acquisitions, dispositions, financings,... | Read More
Mr. Majev is a seasoned real estate attorney with extensive experience in acquisitions, dispositions, financings, development, and leasing of industrial, multi-family, retail, office, mixed-use, and sports properties, including stadium development. He represents clients in connection with portfolio acquisitions of residential and commercial properties, long-term land leases, and numerous other real estate transactions.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 10/25/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 10/25/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H