Expert Witness Discovery in Personal Injury Litigation: Establishing or Challenging Admissibility of Expert Evidence
Tactics for Expert Designation, Cross-Examination, Deposition and Daubert/Frye Challenges of Liability and Damages Experts
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to personal injury counsel on legal and practical tactics for managing expert witness discovery. The panel will discuss key considerations regarding the designation of experts, admissibility of expert opinions, deposition and cross-examination of experts, Daubert/Frye challenges, and more.
- Designation of experts
- Admissibility of expert opinions
- Cross-examination and impeachment of experts
- Deposition of experts
- Daubert/Frye challenges
- Motions in limine as recourse to challenge the admissibility of expert opinions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What factors should counsel consider when selecting an expert witness?
- What strategies should counsel employ to increase the likelihood of admissibility of their client’s expert opinion?
- What are some best practices when coaching an expert prior to deposition?
- What are some best practices for challenging an opposing party’s expert during deposition and cross-examination?
- How can counsel increase the likelihood of success when bringing or defending Daubert/Frye challenges?
- How can motions in limine be leveraged to challenge the admissibility of expert opinions?
Glenn M. Campbell, Esq.
William J. Ferren & Associates
Mr. Campbell has practiced in the areas of personal injury and property damage defense for 30 years, both in private... | Read More
Mr. Campbell has practiced in the areas of personal injury and property damage defense for 30 years, both in private practice and as staff counsel for Travelers Insurance Company. He predominantly handles construction injury and defect cases, products liability cases, and workplace accident litigation. He has considerable experience working with experts in trial preparation, trial examination and cross-examination.Close
David H. Fleisher, P.E.
Mr. Fleisher has evaluated litigation and claim matters involving premises liability, highway, construction and... | Read More
Mr. Fleisher has evaluated litigation and claim matters involving premises liability, highway, construction and accident reconstruction since 1986. He has been qualified to testify as an expert in federal and state courts. Before founding Fleisher Forensics in 2002, he was Vice President of Consulting Engineers and Scientists, Inc. for 16 years, where he evaluated litigation and claim matters. He frequently presents to attorneys at CLE programs.Close
Matthew J. Focht
Joseph Greenwald & Laake
Mr. Focht is a trial lawyer in the firm’s Personal Injury Practice Group. He helps individuals who have been... | Read More
Mr. Focht is a trial lawyer in the firm’s Personal Injury Practice Group. He helps individuals who have been seriously injured in avoidable accidents recover the compensation they deserve in litigation before state and federal courts. He has deep experience in managing a broad range of high-stakes personal injury matters on behalf of victims and surviving family members, including auto accidents, wrongful death cases, and a variety of other serious accidents caused by negligence.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Video