Executive Compensation Issues for Foreign Employees: Granting Incentives, Deferred Compensation, Tax Issues, and More
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE/CPE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE/CPE course will provide employee benefits counsel an in-depth analysis of key issues for structuring foreign employees' compensation plans. The panel will discuss designing cross-border employee compensation programs to maximize tax savings. The panel will also discuss compliance for foreign pension and compensation arrangements that cover U.S. taxpayer employees, inbound foreign employee compensation and taxation, granting incentives under U.S. plans to foreign employees, and other key considerations.
- Types of executive compensation: general overview
- Equity compensation: description, use, and tax consequences
- Deferred compensation: description, use, tax, and ERISA consequences
- Key considerations for employers in structuring deferred compensation
- Administrative challenges
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key considerations for employers in structuring deferred compensation plans for foreign employees?
- What plan options are available?
- What are the key tax provisions and considerations for equity compensation?
- What are the key tax provisions and considerations for deferred compensation?
- What are the administrative challenges and methods to overcome them?
- Practical considerations, practice pointers, and tips for structuring, drafting, and implementing compensation
James P. Klein
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Mr. Klein focuses his practice in the areas of executive compensation and benefits, and tax. He has broad experience... | Read More
Mr. Klein focuses his practice in the areas of executive compensation and benefits, and tax. He has broad experience servicing clients in the areas of employee benefits, retirement plans, insurance and in the international taxation of compensation and benefits, from the employee and employer perspective. He represents companies on U.S. and non-U.S. tax and labor issues and works with corporations in ensuring that their employee benefit plans comply with ERISA.Close
Ekaterina (Kate) Napalkova
Ms. Napalkova advises public and private companies, private investment funds, executives and boards on a broad range of... | Read More
Ms. Napalkova advises public and private companies, private investment funds, executives and boards on a broad range of compensation and employee benefits matters. Her practice includes the compensation and employee benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, spin-offs, initial public offerings, financings and other corporate transactions. Ms. Napalkova’s practice further focuses on advising clients across various industries on the negotiation, structuring and implementation of benefits and compensation plans and executive compensation arrangements; golden parachutes; securities reporting, registration and disclosure compliance; and corporate governance matters.Close