Estate Planning Strategies During and After a Market Correction: The COVID-19 Edition
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will review certain estate and gift planning strategies that all advisers should be discussing with their clients to take advantage of the current market decline and low interest rates.
- Gifting strategies
- Charitable strategies
- Trust strategies
- Life insurance considerations
- Loss harvesting
- Portfolio rebalancing
- Roth conversions
- Other techniques
The panelist will review these and other key issues:
- What gifting strategies to consider in a low interest rate environment during a market correction
- The impact of the current environment on closely held business valuations
- What charitable strategies have more potential benefit during these times
- What can you do with existing trusts to take advantage of the current market conditions?
- What to do with existing insurance policies (or potentially acquiring new policies)
- What is loss harvesting and the impact it can have on portfolio rebalancing
- What is a Roth conversion and how is it reported?
- Other financial planning techniques and considerations
Gregory L. Allison, JD, CPA/PFS, CFP®
Mr. Allison focuses on estate and succession planning for business owners, executives, and high-net-worth individuals.... | Read More
Mr. Allison focuses on estate and succession planning for business owners, executives, and high-net-worth individuals. He frequently advises
clients in the automotive, oil and gas, transportation, construction and real estate industries. He also assists clients with researching, understanding and planning through complex tax issues impacted by multiple aspects of federal and state tax laws. Mr. Allison is also responsible for the preparation of annual income tax returns for estates and trusts in addition to the preparation of gift tax returns, federal estate tax returns and state inheritance tax returns.