Estate Planning for Wealthy Clients After Tax Reform: Basis Adjustments, State Tax Issues, Portability, Gifting
Note: CPE credit is not offered on this program
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide estate and tax counsel guidance on advanced planning techniques for wealthy individuals and families. The panel will dig deep with an analysis of mechanisms and critical considerations for basis adjustments, avoiding state inheritance tax issues, upstream gifts, reassessing formula clauses, taking advantage of the increased exemptions, and other crucial estate document provisions to ensure optimum planning for high net worth clients.
- Estate planning issues and opportunities for the wealthy post-tax reform
- Preserving basis adjustments and available techniques
- Available gift strategies and when to use them
- Drafting or modifying documents for income and estate tax planning flexibility
- State tax issues that must be considered
- Best practices for estate planners for wealthy clients after tax reform
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the challenges and available opportunities for estate planning for the wealthy after tax reform?
- What techniques are available for obtaining basis step-up upon grantor's and surviving spouse's death?
- What are the available gift strategies?
- What are the factors in drafting or reassessing formula clauses in plan documents?
- What are the state tax issues and methods to limit their impact?
Donna J. Jackson
Donna J. Jackson & Associates
Ms. Jackson's practice focuses on estate planning, trusts and estates, wills, and probate law. She is a member of... | Read More
Ms. Jackson's practice focuses on estate planning, trusts and estates, wills, and probate law. She is a member of NAELA, Wealth Counsel, Wealth Counsel Advisors Forum, ABA, Oklahoma Bar Association and Oklahoma Society of CPAs.Close
Edwin P. Morrow, III, Esq.
Regional Wealth Strategist
U.S. Bank Private Wealth Management
Mr. Morrow is currently a regional wealth strategist for U.S. Bank Private Wealth Management based in Cincinnati, Ohio... | Read More
Mr. Morrow is currently a regional wealth strategist for U.S. Bank Private Wealth Management based in Cincinnati, Ohio and advises high net worth clients on tax, trust and estate planning matters in conjunction with local financial advisory teams and other tax and legal counsel. He previously maintained a private law practice in Cincinnati and Springboro, Ohio, concentrating in taxation, probate, estate and business planning. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) and is a board certified specialist in estate planning, probate and trust law through the Ohio State Bar Association. He also holds the certified financial planner (CFP®) and certified merger and acquisition advisor (CM&AA®) certifications. Mr. Morrow frequently contributes his expertise to lectures and publications analyzing estate planning issues.Close
Tyson D. Willis
Arnall Golden Gregory
Mr. Willis focuses his practice on crafting and implementing successful wealth transfer planning strategies, including... | Read More
Mr. Willis focuses his practice on crafting and implementing successful wealth transfer planning strategies, including estate and gift tax planning, charitable giving, family business succession planning, and estate administration.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H