Estate Planning for Firearms, Memorabilia, Pets, and Other Unique Assets: Avoiding Tax and Transfer Issues
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will review planning techniques for unusual but precious assets held by estates. Our panel of trust and estate veterans will point out when a trust could facilitate a transfer and the tax considerations of conveying specific items by either bequest, sell, or donation, as well as offer tips for minimizing taxes on these transfers.
- Estate planning for unique assets: introduction
- Specific assets
- Other collections
- Taking inventory
- Tax consequences
The webinar will review these and other critical issues:
- Recognizing unusual assets found in estates with unique tax and transfer considerations
- Utilizing a gun trust to facilitate the transfer of firearms
- The tax consequences of donating memorabilia to an organized charity
- Steps in valuing a unique collection
- Best practices for inventorying collectibles
Shann M. Chaudhry, Esq.
Shann M. Chaudhry Esq., Attorney at Law
Mr. Chaudhry practices in the areas of business planning, asset protection, estate & gift tax planning and... | Read More
Mr. Chaudhry practices in the areas of business planning, asset protection, estate & gift tax planning and multigenerational wealth preservation & transfer.Close
Matthew F. Erskine
Erskine & Erskine
Mr. Erskine specializes in providing legal and fiduciary services for families, estates and businesses with unique... | Read More
Mr. Erskine specializes in providing legal and fiduciary services for families, estates and businesses with unique assets or issues.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
CPE credit is not available on downloads.