ERISA Arbitration and Class Action Waiver Provisions: Recent Court Rulings, Plan Amendments, Employment Agreements
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide ERISA and employment counsel, as well as plan sponsors, an in-depth analysis of key issues and drafting considerations for the inclusion of ERISA arbitration and class action waiver provisions. The panel will discuss legal theories and results from recent court rulings, key considerations for plan amendments and employment agreements, and best practices for ERISA and employment counsel and plan sponsors.
- Overview of Supreme Court decisions on arbitration and class action waiver provisions
- ERISA-specific issues raised by recent lower court decisions
- Strategies and considerations for counsel and plan sponsors in drafting enforceable arbitration and class action waiver provisions
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What explains the divergent results in recent lower court decisions regarding the enforceability of arbitration and class waiver provisions?
- How can plan sponsors ensure their provisions are enforceable?
- How to communicate any changes to employees.
- Best practices in deciding whether to include and how to draft arbitration and class action waiver provisions for ERISA claims.
Groom Law Group
Mr. Delany focuses his practice on defending clients against Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974... | Read More
Mr. Delany focuses his practice on defending clients against Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (“ERISA”) class actions and complex employment discrimination lawsuits. He represents clients against class action claims challenging 401(k) savings plan administration, stock drop litigation and fiduciary duty issues that arise from retiree medical and other employee benefit plan modification and/or termination. Mr. Delany counsels employee benefit plan administrators and trustees on ERISA and breach of fiduciary claims.Close
Samuel I. Levin
Groom Law Group
Mr. Levin specializes in litigation related to retirement plans. He frequently represents 401(k) and 403(b) plan... | Read More
Mr. Levin specializes in litigation related to retirement plans. He frequently represents 401(k) and 403(b) plan fiduciaries in class actions challenging plan expenses and investment performance. Mr. Levin also has significant experience representing financial services companies alleged to be fiduciaries in connection with investment products they have sold to retirement plans.Close