Equity Financing: Using Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds and Other Investment Vehicles as Collateral
Navigating the Interplay of Regulations U and X, Rule 144, and UCC Articles 8 and 9 for Lenders and Borrowers
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare business and finance counsel in structuring loan transactions in which stock, bonds, mutual funds and other investment vehicles are used as collateral to secure the loan. The program will address how to properly perfect the security interests while complying with Regulations U and X, Rule 144, and UCC Articles 8 and 9.
- Primary regulatory issues related to using collateral as investment vehicle interests to secure a loan
- Margin Regulations U and X
- Rule 144
- Bankruptcy safe harbors
- Requirements and methods for creating security interests in stock and other investment vehicles
- Lender remedies upon default
- Best practices for structuring the loan agreement and avoiding common pitfalls
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the regulatory issues related to using collateral as investment vehicle interests to secure a loan that are relevant to counsel?
- What are the best practices for finance counsel in structuring the loan agreement?
- What steps should lenders’ counsel take to avoid common pitfalls in creating and perfecting security interests in stock, bonds and other investment vehicles?
R. Todd Ransom
Haynes & Boone
Mr. Ransom concentrates his practice in the areas of finance and energy. His finance practice includes the... | Read More
Mr. Ransom concentrates his practice in the areas of finance and energy. His finance practice includes the representation of hedge funds, private equity firms, investment banks and other financial institutions in connection with various financing arrangements, including margin lending agreements, other securities based financing arrangements, and structured equity finance transactions.Close
Craig S. Unterberg
Haynes and Boone
Mr. Unterberg concentrates his practice in the areas of representing borrowers and lenders in secured and... | Read More
Mr. Unterberg concentrates his practice in the areas of representing borrowers and lenders in secured and unsecured lending and structured finance transactions, including margin stock lending, private equity and hedge fund financing, syndicated financings, mergers and acquisition financings, and distressed debt transactions. In addition, he provides extensive regulatory advice on margin lending issues.Close