Equipment Leasing and Financing: Structuring and Documenting the Transaction
Navigating Financing Structures, Characterization Issues, and Other UCC, Tax and Accounting Implications
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide commercial finance counsel with a review of the factors involved when negotiating and drafting key terms in equipment leases and lease-financing transactions, including characterization, UCC, tax and accounting provisions.
- Structuring and documenting equipment lease/financing transactions
- UCC characterization issues
- Tax and accounting implications
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What business considerations should counsel anticipate when structuring and drafting different types of equipment lease/financings?
- What UCC and other commercial law issues should counsel take into account when evaluating the implications of having a true “lease” or a non-true lease?
- What impact should counsel be aware of with respect to capital lease versus operating lease status?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Edward K. Gross
Mr. Gross has over 25 years of experience representing bank-affiliated and large, independent equipment financing... | Read More
Mr. Gross has over 25 years of experience representing bank-affiliated and large, independent equipment financing companies in all aspects of equipment finance transactions, and handles all types of equipment finance matters and structures. He received the Distinguished Service Award in 2008 and ELFA’s Legal Committee Edward A. Groobert Excellence in Leasing Award in 2011.Close
Denise L. Blau
As a member of the firm’s Tax Practice and the Global Transportation Finance Team, Ms. Balu focuses on federal... | Read More
As a member of the firm’s Tax Practice and the Global Transportation Finance Team, Ms. Balu focuses on federal income tax planning and tax controversy representation of international corporate, partnership and individual clients. She has extensive experience in cross-border equipment lease financings. She lectures extensively and is a published author on financing, securitization and leasing matters.Close