Environmental Litigation: Piercing the Corporate Veil, Alter Ego and Successor Liability
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide environmental litigators with an analysis of legal theories that, in unique circumstances, allow private and government litigants to name shareholders or successors in interest as responsible parties for the historical acts of a company in violation of environmental laws—namely, piercing the corporate veil or alter ego liability, and successor liability.
- Overview of corporate issues unique to environmental liability
- Piercing the corporate veil and alter ego liability
- Successor liability
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What issues to consider when faced with a litigant that seeks to pierce the veil of your corporate client or hold your client responsible for the act of a predecessor
- What factors do courts look at in deciding whether to apply the alter ego and successor liability theories?
- What are some key considerations and best practices for corporations and related entities defending alter ego and successor liability claims?
Sive Paget & Riesel
Mr. Riesel litigated a wide variety of cases which include numerous environmental matters, white collar defense, civil... | Read More
Mr. Riesel litigated a wide variety of cases which include numerous environmental matters, white collar defense, civil rights, and commercial matters. His litigation experience ranges from pre-trial practice in complex litigation to appellate advocacy. His extensive environmental and litigation practice has been recognized by several organizations that conduct peer evaluation of lawyers. Chambers & Partners’ survey of environmental lawyers ranks him as one of the top tier environmental lawyers in New York. He is a former Chief of the Environmental Protection Unit of the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Southern District of New York.Close
Thomas R. Smith
Bond Schoeneck & King
Mr. Smith has more than 35 years of experience in civil litigation, dispute resolution and risk management counseling,... | Read More
Mr. Smith has more than 35 years of experience in civil litigation, dispute resolution and risk management counseling, representing large and small businesses, universities and colleges and individuals. He represents clients in federal and state courts, before administrative agencies and in arbitrations and mediations.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/01/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/01/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H