Environmental Indemnity in Real Estate Transactions: Allocating Risks of Potential Liability and Cleanup Costs
Negotiating Key Provisions, Drafting and Reviewing the Agreement to Ensure Complete Coverage
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel for buyers, sellers, and lenders in real estate transactions on allocation of environmental liability and structuring environmental indemnity agreements to ensure proper coverage for liabilities. The panel will examine key provisions and lessons from historical precedent and recent court decisions.
- Environmental indemnity agreements and court treatment
- Key provisions
- Negotiating and structuring the agreement
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- When is an environmental indemnity agreement necessary and when is it not useful?
- First party release vs. third-party indemnification.
- What are the key provisions of the environmental indemnity agreement?
- How do environmental indemnity provisions complement other provisions in real estate purchase and sale agreements?
- What are the critical lessons from recent court decisions for structuring environmental indemnity agreements?
- What are the best practices for allocating environmental risks in real property transactions?
Sive Paget & Riesel
Mr. Curran’s practice focuses on environmental and construction law, representing residential, commercial and... | Read More
Mr. Curran’s practice focuses on environmental and construction law, representing residential, commercial and industrial real property owners, operators and developers, construction managers, contractors, design professionals, and lenders. He guides clients in navigating complex issues relating to real estate acquisition and development, construction, property management, risk management, and management of environmental conditions at facilities throughout the U.S.Close
Polly B. Jessen
Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell
Ms. Jessen’s practice focuses on the range of contaminated property redevelopment issues, including environmental... | Read More
Ms. Jessen’s practice focuses on the range of contaminated property redevelopment issues, including environmental due diligence, negotiating purchase and sale agreements, cleanup plans, development agreements and environmental insurance policies, severed mineral interests, and professional service and construction contracting. She advises and represents clients before regulatory agencies regarding remedy selection, administrative orders, cleanup standards, institutional controls, redevelopment, and community relations activities under voluntary cleanup agreements and regulatory orders.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 07/17/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 07/17/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H