Enforcing U.S. Judgments Outside the U.S.: International Asset Location and Recovery
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss how to locate and seize offshore assets with which to satisfy a US obligation or judgment. The panel will also address tools to prevent the removal of assets to other countries.
- Locating assets
- Public records at home and abroad
- Domestic and foreign evidence of offshore property
- Tracing the origin of assets brought into the U.S.
- Assistance of U.S. Department of State
- Seizing and freezing assets
- Statutory freeze orders
- Commentary on specific jurisdictions
The panel will review these and other related issues:
- What countries are the hardest to obtain recognition in?
- What factors in the U.S. legal system pose the most significant obstacles?
- What treaties and protocols govern notice to parties?
- What tools are available to identify and seize offshore assets?
- What are misconceptions parties have about offshore recoveries?
Kenneth M. Krys
Executive Chairman & Founder
Mr. Krys' diverse experience, including a stint as the head of enforcement for the local financial services... | Read More
Mr. Krys' diverse experience, including a stint as the head of enforcement for the local financial services regulator, gives him a unique perspective in pursuing assets and untangling the web that can arise from complex offshore structures and limited information. His efforts have resulted in many precedents and new case law in the areas of cross-border recognition, asset recovery and international litigation.Close
Eric S. (Rick) Rein
Horwood Marcus & Berk
Mr. Rein concentrates his practice on secured creditors’ rights, bankruptcy representation, loan enforcement and... | Read More
Mr. Rein concentrates his practice on secured creditors’ rights, bankruptcy representation, loan enforcement and international litigation to recover claims and assets.Close
Ana C. Reyes
Williams & Connolly
Ms. Reyes Co-Chairs the firm’s International Disputes practice group and is a member of its Executive Committee.... | Read More
Ms. Reyes Co-Chairs the firm’s International Disputes practice group and is a member of its Executive Committee. She focuses her practice on complex litigation and international arbitration. Ms. Reyes has handled matters involving foreign governments, foreign officials, multi-national corporations, and international organizations, representing clients throughout the world. Along with her admissions to Bars of the United States, she is listed on the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales.Close