Enforcing Remedies Under California's One-Action Rule: Foreclosure, Deficiency Claims, Debtor Defenses
What Constitutes an "Action" and Avoiding Violations: Lessons Learned from Case Law
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine California's One-Action Rule and its applications, judicially created exceptions to the rule, and the consequences of taking an "action" or violating the One-Action Rule.
- Statutory basis for the One-Action Rule
- Limitations imposed under the One-Action Rule
- Security first rule
- Prohibition against filing multiple lawsuits
- What constitutes an "action"
- Consequences of violating the One-Action Rule
- Enforceability of waivers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What distinguishes the One-Action Rule from standard foreclosure law and practice?
- Can the security first rule prevent a lender from pursuing a guarantor?
- What remedies can the lender exercise without being deemed to have taken an "action" under the One-Action Rule?
- Does the lender forfeit any foreclosure remedies if it violates the One-Action Rule?
Marc A. Liverant
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
Mr. Liverant advises real estate developers, owners, operators, investors, lenders and other end-users in the... | Read More
Mr. Liverant advises real estate developers, owners, operators, investors, lenders and other end-users in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing, and disposition of development parcels, office buildings, shopping centers, single-use properties, hotels, residential subdivisions, energy projects, and mixed-used projects. He negotiates and drafts real estate–related agreements that include property purchase and sale agreements; industrial, retail, and commercial leases (including ground leases and master leases); easements; option, joint venture, and management agreements; construction documents; and film and television location agreements.Close
Paul M. Williams
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
Mr. Williams advises clients on a range of merger, acquisition, disposition, development, and financing transactions,... | Read More
Mr. Williams advises clients on a range of merger, acquisition, disposition, development, and financing transactions, including cross-border transactions. Specifically, he focuses his practice on the acquisition, divestiture, financing, and development of energy, industrial, commercial, and mixed-use projects. Mr. Williams provides advice to conventional resource companies, energy companies, real estate developers, lenders, venture capital and private equity investors, owners, and operators.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/02/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 10/02/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H