Enforcing and Collecting Judgments: Strategies for Locating and Recovering Corporate Assets
Alter Ego Liability, Piercing the Corporate Veil, Reverse Piercing, and Fraudulent Conveyance Theories
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide commercial litigators with the tools to help clients enforce and collect judgments. The panel will outline best practices for obtaining and preserving judgments, conducting post-litigation discovery to locate assets, and executing and satisfying judgments, and will discuss the latest strategies for applying alter ego theory and piercing the corporate veil.
- Post-judgment discovery
- Executing a judgment
- Piercing the corporate veil/alter ego theory/successor liability
- Fraudulent transfer claims
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What factors do courts look at in deciding whether to apply the alter ego theory and pierce the corporate veil?
- What steps can judgment creditors take to minimize or uncover fraudulent conveyances?
- What immediate actions should counsel for judgment creditors take upon entry of judgment?
Matthew S. Kenefick
Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell
Mr. Kenefick's law practice extends to litigation, compliance and real estate matters. He represents a variety... | Read More
Mr. Kenefick's law practice extends to litigation, compliance and real estate matters. He represents a variety of industries including manufacturers, financial institutions, retailers, real estate developers, and the hotel industry, among others. He is a published author on commercial collection litigation.Close