Ending the Attorney-Client Relationship: Best Practices to Avoid Ethics Violations and Malpractice Claims
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide attorneys and firms with a clear overview of the ethical considerations in terminating a client relationship in various select situations. The panel will outline post-termination obligations and best practices for smoothly concluding the attorney-client relationship.
- Termination of attorney by the client
- Termination due to attorney conflict of interest
- Termination under cloud of legal malpractice
- Terminating client for nonpayment of fees
- Terminating client for improper conduct
- Termination after an attorney’s departure from the firm
The panel will review these and other high risk questions:
- What ethical rules govern specific trigger events for terminating the relationship—and when do attorneys have discretion to fire the client?
- What should the termination notice to the client say and how much advanced notice should be provided to the client?
- What are the attorney’s continuing fiduciary duties to a client post-termination?
Kim M. Jackson
Bovis Kyle Burch & Medlin
Mr. Jackson defends attorneys and other professionals in malpractice claims, handles all forms of coverage and bad... | Read More
Mr. Jackson defends attorneys and other professionals in malpractice claims, handles all forms of coverage and bad faith disputes, defends catastrophic injury cases, typically focusing on premises liability, represents companies and professionals in various types of complex commercial litigation, and defends employers in employment discrimination claims. He has represented many attorneys in both civil claims brought by clients and non-clients in Georgia, Texas, California and Ohio, and in licensing issues brought before the State Bar of Georgia.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 07/27/18)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 07/27/18)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $9.45 S&H