Employee Privacy and Off-Duty Conduct: Protected Activities, Social Media Policies and More
Balancing Company Interests Against Employee Rights
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide employers and their counsel on how to best navigate the thorny issue of employee off-duty conduct. This panel will discuss how to balance the employer's concern about employees engaging in off-duty activities that may affect job performance or the company's image, with state and federal laws that protect employees' lawful conduct outside of work.
- Overview of state and federal employee privacy laws
- Recent guidance from NLRB regarding protected concerted activities
- Recent court decisions regarding employee privacy
- Best practices for drafting employer policies
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the laws that govern employee privacy and prohibit employers from monitoring off-duty activity?
- What is currently considered a "concerted activity" by the NLRB?
- How are courts handling issues of employee privacy in today's world of social media?
- How can employers draft employee policies that balance their interests with employees' rights to privacy?
- Are social media exposures covered under employment practices liability insurance policies?
Head of Fiduciary and Employment Practices Liability
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
Ms. Prussack is Head of Fiduciary and Employment Practices Liability at BHSI. She has 25 years of insurance... | Read More
Ms. Prussack is Head of Fiduciary and Employment Practices Liability at BHSI. She has 25 years of insurance industry experience, and has developed and brought to market state-of-the-art fiduciary liability policy forms and innovative coverages for corporations, organized labor, municipalities, and nonprofits. Ms. Prussack has written articles for and been quoted in many publications, and is a frequent speaker at ERISA and executive liability seminars around the U.S. and Canada.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/29/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/29/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H