Emergency Medicaid Planning: Mitigating the Damage of Inept Planning and Changed Circumstances
Spend-Down Strategies, Excess Assets, Navigating the Application Process
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide elder counsel guidance on emergency Medicaid planning to correctly secure Medicaid benefits in case of a crisis or changed circumstances. The panel will discuss critical issues that impact Medicaid planning techniques, navigating the application process, spend-down strategies for Medicaid eligibility, and handling excess assets.
- Medicaid eligibility rules and factors to consider
- Qualifying for Medicaid when income exceeds the limit
- Qualifying for Medicaid when assets exceed the limit
- Navigating the application process for emergency Medicaid
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the critical factors in determining Medicaid eligibility?
- How can you qualify for Medicaid when your income exceeds the limit?
- What methods are available to qualify for Medicaid when your assets exceed the limit?
- Essential spend-down techniques and landmines to avoid
- Emergency Medicaid application process and items of focus
Ms. Dowell assists older clients, their children and other family members with Nursing Home, Medicaid, asset... | Read More
Ms. Dowell assists older clients, their children and other family members with Nursing Home, Medicaid, asset preservation, asset distribution, probate, guardianship, and other issues. In addition, she drafts legal documents such as Wills, Powers of Attorney, Trusts, and Health Care Surrogates.Close
Rachael A. Houck, J.D.
Gudorf Law Group
Ms. Houck’s practice centers around elder law, estate planning, and probate.| Read More
Ms. Houck’s practice centers around elder law, estate planning, and probate.Close