Electric Power Planning and Investments: Key Considerations for Utilities, Non-Utility Generators, and Transmitters
Federal Reliability Standards, Transmission Issues, Generation, Siting, Rates, Financing Options and Structures
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide energy attorneys guidance on key planning considerations and electric utility planning, investment, and development options. The panel will discuss key issues regarding federal reliability standards, transmission, generation, and rates. The panel will also discuss siting and permitting issues and key financing options and structures for electric utilities.
- Federal standards and key regulations
- Transmission and generation planning
- Siting and permitting issues
- Rate recovery
- Financing options, investments, and structures
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the applicable federal rules and regulations for electric power development?
- What are the federal reliability standards and processes for electric power?
- What are the filing requirements and challenges for utility transmission and generation planning?
- How can you effectively navigate siting and permitting issues and potential state law challenges?
- What financing options are available and key considerations for investors?
Jason T. Kuzma
Mr. Kuzma has acted as counsel to major utilities, investment banks, renewable energy developers, independent power... | Read More
Mr. Kuzma has acted as counsel to major utilities, investment banks, renewable energy developers, independent power producers, and large customers of electricity. He has advised and represented clients in the drafting and negotiation of power purchase agreements, selling and buying environmental attributes, energy related litigation, transmission issues, and regulatory proceedings before FERC.Close
Laura Godfrey Zagar
Ms. Zagar guides clients in the development of multijurisdictional water, energy and infrastructure projects, and... | Read More
Ms. Zagar guides clients in the development of multijurisdictional water, energy and infrastructure projects, and complex litigation. She plays a prominent part in innovative energy, water and infrastructure projects in the Western United States, including proposed offshore wind projects in California and Hawaii, the proposed restoration of the Klamath River through removal of four dams, the proposed Lake Powell Pipeline in Utah and Arizona, and SCE’s completed Tehachapi Renewable Transmission Project. Ms. Zagar also provides counsel on the innovative recycling of stormwater, agricultural runoff, and wastewater for potable and irrigation purposes under development by Monterey One Water.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $24.45 S&H