Drafting Service Level Agreements: Best Practices for Corporate and Technology Counsel
Structuring Key Provisions, Anticipating Common Areas of Dispute, and Streamlining Negotiations
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide business and technology counsel on drafting service level provisions in technology agreements, with a focus on lessons from recent cases.
- Structuring service level agreements
- Key provisions
- Measuring tools
- Common issues and remedies
- Lessons learned from State of Indiana v. IBM
Mr. Karlyn will review these and other critical questions:
- How can counsel for service providers, vendors and customers entering SLAs best mitigate risk when drafting and negotiating the agreements?
- What are the lessons of State of Indiana v. IBM on drafting service levels and SLAs properly?
- What are the most commonly disputed issues during contract negotiations and what are some practical strategies for resolving them?
Matthew A. Karlyn
Foley & Lardner
Mr. Karlyn has extensive experience with transactions relating to outsourcing and information technology, including IT... | Read More
Mr. Karlyn has extensive experience with transactions relating to outsourcing and information technology, including IT outsourcing, business process outsourcing, application development, data center leasing, development and managed services, technology licensing, cloud computing transactions, systems integration, privacy, security and information management issues, co-location and software development.Close