Drafting Joint Venture Agreements: Deal Rationale, Partner Fit, Scope and Structure, Finances, Governance
Key Considerations for JV Agreements
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide strategies for drafting joint ventures (JVs) for various commercial transactions. The panel will focus on the elements necessary to create a workable agreement that will provide structure throughout the life of the JV.
- Joint ventures generally
- Deal rationale
- Partner fit
- Deal scope and structure
- Specialty provisions
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- When is a JV appropriate for a business transaction?
- Before entering a JV, what are the parties' considerations for the deal rationale?
- What values and corporate policies must parties share for a successful future JV?
- How do parties to a JV appropriately narrow the scope of their agreement?
- How can JVs allocate costs, profits, future investments, and the subsequent risks in a JV agreement?
- What should parties think through when determining the governance structure of a JV?
John L. Spilman, Jr.
Mr. Spilman focuses his practice on transactional and advisory matters involving renewable and conventional energy and... | Read More
Mr. Spilman focuses his practice on transactional and advisory matters involving renewable and conventional energy and technology transactions. He has extensive experience in the renewable energy sector, with a particular focus on solar, wind and energy storage.Close
Senior Managing Director
Mr. Bamford serves a global client base on joint venture transactions, governance, restructurings, and other... | Read More
Mr. Bamford serves a global client base on joint venture transactions, governance, restructurings, and other partnership issues. Over his three decade career, he has advised clients on more than 200 venture transactions, and on the governance and optimization of many of the largest joint ventures in the world.Close