Drafting Arbitration Clauses: Applicable Law, Procedural Rules, Arbitrator Fees, Remote Arbitration
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide counsel with best practices in drafting arbitration clauses in commercial agreements. The panel will discuss how to clarify terminology while utilizing clear and precise language, what applicable law and procedural rules to include, how to incorporate remote arbitration, limit arbitrator's fees, and more.
- Key issues addressed in arbitration clauses
- Drafting remote arbitration provisions
- Recent case law addressing drafting and enforceability of arbitration clauses
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the latest trends in how courts and regulators address arbitration clauses in commercial contracts between businesses and consumers?
- What are the key issues in arbitration provisions?
- How can remote arbitration provisions be drafted to address structural limitations?
- What steps can business counsel take to help ensure the enforceability of arbitration clauses?
Lisa M. Richman
McDermott Will & Emery
Ms. Richman is head of the Washington, DC office and focuses her practice on international dispute resolution... | Read More
Ms. Richman is head of the Washington, DC office and focuses her practice on international dispute resolution matters, with a particular emphasis on international commercial arbitration and public international law. She has experience representing clients in a broad range of matters, including in the areas of international commercial and investment arbitrations, securities enforcement, securities litigation, general commercial litigation disputes, and insurance coverage.Close
Michael R. Huttenlocher
McDermott Will & Emery
Mr. Huttenlocher focuses his practice on all aspects of complex commercial litigation and international... | Read More
Mr. Huttenlocher focuses his practice on all aspects of complex commercial litigation and international arbitration, including contract disputes, business torts, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder appraisal actions, federal securities laws, and white-collar criminal matters. He is experienced in all phases of litigation in state and federal courts around the country and domestic and international arbitration, including pre-filing investigation and case assessment, fact and expert discovery, legal research, motion practice, trial preparation, trial preparation, trial, and appeals.Close