DOL Final Regulations on Shareholder Rights in ERISA Plans: New Mandates for Plan Sponsors and Asset Managers
Proxy Votes, Safe Harbors, Increased Burden Under Investment Duties Regulation, Pooled Vehicles of Multiple Employee Benefit Plans
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide employee benefits counsel and fiduciaries on the implications of the recent final DOL rule for the exercise of shareholder rights for benefit plans. The panel will discuss key provisions of the rule and potential implications to fiduciaries, ERISA plans and other stakeholders. The panel will provide a critical analysis of proxy votes, investment duty regulations, issues with pooled investment vehicles, such as collective investment trusts, and other items of concern under the rule.
- Overview of the final DOL rule for proxy votes and other shareholder powers
- Fiduciary obligations of plan sponsors and investment managers
- Challenges for managers of pooled investment vehicles
- Best practices for plan sponsors and investment managers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key provisions of DOL's final rule for proxy voting and other shareholder rights?
- What is required of plan sponsors and investment managers under the rule?
- What is the impact on the fiduciary obligations of plan sponsors and investment managers?
- What issues arise for investment managers for pooled investment vehicles?
Robert L. Sichel
Mr. Sichel is a partner in the firm’s New York office, where he is a member of the Investment Management practice... | Read More
Mr. Sichel is a partner in the firm’s New York office, where he is a member of the Investment Management practice group and oversees the firm’s ERISA Fiduciary practice. He helps financial institutions navigate the complexities of ERISA when manufacturing products for, and providing services to, retirement plans and ERISA “plan asset” funds.Close
Kristina M. Zanotti
Ms. Zanotti is a partner in the investment management practice group, concentrating in the ERISA fiduciary and... | Read More
Ms. Zanotti is a partner in the investment management practice group, concentrating in the ERISA fiduciary and derivatives practice areas.Close