DOL Audits of Employer Group Health Plans on the Rise
Preparing for Audits of Compliance with PPACA, GINA, HIPAA, COBRA, Wellness Programs and More
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare benefits counsel with new information and documentation in the DOL’s revised audit letter to effectively advise employers on PPACA compliance. The panel will also review compliance with GINA, MHPAA, HIPAA, COBRA and wellness program requirements and offer best practices to prepare for a DOL audit.
- Overview of revised DOL audit letter—information and documentation being requested
- Compliance with the PPACA
Compliance with other healthcare laws
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act
- Wellness programs
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How has the DOL expanded the scope of its healthcare plan audit letters in light of PPACA requirements?
- What documents should employers be expected to produce in response to an audit letter?
- How does the attorney-client privilege apply to advice and consultation afforded a plan in reviewing plan compliance and during a DOL audit?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Amy M. Gordon
McDermott Will & Emery
She focuses her practice on the areas of welfare benefits, including self-funded and insured health plans. She assists... | Read More
She focuses her practice on the areas of welfare benefits, including self-funded and insured health plans. She assists clients in designing and maintaining compliant flexible benefit, life, medical, dental, pharmacy, EAP, educational assistance, disability, supplemental health, severance, Health Savings Accounts, Health Reimbursement Accounts, and other types of welfare plans. Her past experience includes service with the Department of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration, where she prepared a number of high profile civil and criminal litigation actions brought by the DOL and U.S. Attorney’s office.Close
Joanna C. Kerpen
McDermott Will & Emery
Mrs. Kerpen focuses her practice on a variety of employee benefits tax and ERISA matters related to 401(k) plans,... | Read More
Mrs. Kerpen focuses her practice on a variety of employee benefits tax and ERISA matters related to 401(k) plans, pension plans, health and welfare plans, and executive compensation plans, including designing, amending and administering such plans. She has extensive experience with PPACA compliance as with HIPAA and various other federal and state laws relevant to health and welfare plans.Close