Divorce and Social Security Benefits: Navigating Complex Rules for Support
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will focus on the issues family law counsel must consider when a client receives social security income (SSI) or social security disability income (SSDI). The panel will discuss considerations when calculating alimony and child support and best practices for structuring the divorce agreement to preserve benefits.
- Explanation of social security benefits
- Derivative benefits
- Ways to structure alimony and child support considering SSI and SSDI issues
- Discovering and using information on SSI and SSDI application forms
- Structuring the settlement agreement
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can the receipt of SSI or SSDI affect spousal maintenance and child support determinations?
- How can the receipt of alimony impact SSI and SSDI benefits?
- In what way can the information found on SSI and SSDI application forms be used in arguing for or against support?
Grayson Smith Cannon
Phillips & Ingrum
Ms. Cannon is a frequent continuing legal education lecturer on family law, probate and Social Security and is a member... | Read More
Ms. Cannon is a frequent continuing legal education lecturer on family law, probate and Social Security and is a member of several bar associations and legal professional groups.Close
B. Robert Farzad
Farzad & Ochoa Family Law Attorneys
Mr. Farzad is actively involved in the firm's divorce and parentage cases, with a focus on the complex divorce... | Read More
Mr. Farzad is actively involved in the firm's divorce and parentage cases, with a focus on the complex divorce cases.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $120
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$274 + $24.45 S&H