Discovery Strategies in Wage and Hour Class and Collective Actions Before and After Certification of Putative Class
Strategically Limiting Discovery, Resolving Discovery Disputes
Recording of a 90-minute CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide employment litigators to pursue or object to discovery requests in wage and hour class and collective actions and for dealing with discovery disputes that arise throughout the litigation. The panel will discuss how courts interpret and apply the proportionality doctrine to rein in broad discovery requests in wage and hour cases.
- Pursuing or objecting to discovery requests in wage and hour collective and class actions
- Before conditional collective or class certification
- After conditional certification of a collective action
- After class certification
- Discovery considerations for summary judgment
- Discovery considerations for trial
- Resolving discovery disputes
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the most common discovery challenges counsel face when litigating wage and hour collective and class actions--from initiation through resolution of the case?
- What strategies have been effective in wage and hour collective and class actions for obtaining essential information with the least expense?
- What is the scope of discoverable evidence before and after certification of the putative class, and how can you limit or best manage discovery?
- When drafting discovery requests in wage and hour class and collective actions, what should employment counsel consider to ensure that the requests align with the new proportionality standard?
Craig S. Friedman
Mr. Friedman, whose practice focuses on employment law, is a leader in the defense of employment class actions... | Read More
Mr. Friedman, whose practice focuses on employment law, is a leader in the defense of employment class actions including wage-and-hour litigation. He has secured victories around the nation in employment class actions, including for clients such as Publix Super Markets, Dick's Sporting Goods, and The Scott Fetzer Company.Close
William C. (Bill) Jhaveri-Weeks
The Jhaveri-Weeks Firm
Mr. Jhaveri-Weeks focuses his practice on public interest class actions, including enforcement of employee-protection... | Read More
Mr. Jhaveri-Weeks focuses his practice on public interest class actions, including enforcement of employee-protection laws and civil rights laws, as well as appellate law. He is a frequent speaker and author on employment law and class actions. Before representing plaintiffs, he represented companies in high-stakes commercial disputes.Close