Discovery Strategies in Wage and Hour Class and Collective Actions Before and After Certification of Putative Class
Strategically Limiting Discovery, Resolving Discovery Disputes
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide employment litigators for pursuing or objecting to discovery requests in wage and hour class and collective actions and for dealing with discovery disputes that arise throughout the litigation. The panel will discuss how courts interpret and apply the doctrine of proportionality to rein in broad discovery requests in wage and hour cases.
- Pursuing or objecting to discovery requests in wage and hour collective and class actions
- Before conditional collective or class certification
- After conditional certification of a collective action
- After class certification
- Discovery considerations for summary judgment
- Discovery considerations for trial
- Resolving discovery disputes
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the most common discovery challenges counsel face when litigating wage and hour collective and class actions--from initiation through resolution of the case?
- What strategies have been effective in wage and hour collective and class actions for obtaining essential information with the least expense?
- What is the scope of evidence that is discoverable before and after certification of the putative class and how can you limit or best manage discovery?
- When drafting discovery requests in wage and hour class and collective actions what considerations should employment counsel take into account to ensure that the requests are in line with the new proportionality standard?
William C. (Bill) Jhaveri-Weeks
Mr. Jhaveri-Weeks focuses his practice on public interest class actions, including enforcement of employee-protection... | Read More
Mr. Jhaveri-Weeks focuses his practice on public interest class actions, including enforcement of employee-protection laws and civil rights laws, as well as appellate law. He is a frequent speaker and author on employment law and class actions. Before representing plaintiffs, he represented companies in high-stakes commercial disputes.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 03/15/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/15/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H