Directors & Officers Liability Insurance: Key Coverage Issues for Corporate Executives
Negotiating Policy Terms to Cover Potential Losses; Understanding Policy Limits and Exclusions; Interplay With Other Policies
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide counsel with the tools to review D&O and other insurance policies designed to protect directors and officers. The panel will also discuss recent cases regarding disputes in coverage, and the importance of tailoring and adjusting D&O policies to fit contemplated transactions and business activities of the subject company.
- Reviewing and negotiating D&O insurance policies
- Coverages and exclusions
- Policy limits
- Coverage extensions
- Policy terms
- Lessons from recent decisions regarding disputed coverage
- Insurance company perspective on coverage—importance of clarity, precision
- Other insurance that protect officers and directors—cyber, employment practices liability insurance, fiduciary coverage
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- Which sections of a D&O policy should counsel always review?
- How can D&O policies be tailored to fit the circumstances of the insured?
- What do recent cases show about the interpretation of D&O coverages and exclusions?
- What other kinds of insurance should counsel consider for claims that might impact directors and officers?
Darius N. Kandawalla
Mr. Kandawalla focuses his practice on directors and officers liability insurance and other related forms of management... | Read More
Mr. Kandawalla focuses his practice on directors and officers liability insurance and other related forms of management liability and professional liability insurance. He has represented insurers as coverage and monitoring counsel in a wide-array of sophisticated claims and litigates insurance coverage issues on behalf of insurers throughout the country. He is regularly involved in complex coverage disputes under D&O, E&O, Fiduciary, EPL, and other related types of policies.Close
Evan Bundschuh, RPLU
Mr. Bundschuh is Vice President at GB&A an independent insurance brokerage located in New York focused on... | Read More
Mr. Bundschuh is Vice President at GB&A an independent insurance brokerage located in New York focused on insurance programs and risk management solutions for emerging and mid-sized companies. He assists clients with insurance program coordination and client-side advising on Directors & Officers, Professional Liability, and Cyber Insurance.Close
Matthew W. Beato, Esq.
Mr. Beato represents professional liability and general liability insurers in complex coverage litigation. He... | Read More
Mr. Beato represents professional liability and general liability insurers in complex coverage litigation. He provides strategic counseling and serves as monitoring counsel for insurers under a variety of coverages, including directors and officers, financial institution professional liability, cyber risk, lawyers malpractice, employment, and media and technology.Close