Digital, Mobile, and Virtual Medicine: Legal Challenges
Protecting Patient Privacy, Avoiding Corporate Practice of Medicine, and Ensuring Quality of Care
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance on overcoming the challenges in the use of digital devices and in the practice of virtual medicine. The panel will offer best practices to develop policies and procedures to minimize liability risks.
- Federal and state privacy laws
- Regulatory issues: FDA, FCC, FTC, etc.
- Licensing and prescriptive authority
- Fraud and abuse
- Corporate practice of medicine
- Best practices for minimizing legal risks while ensuring quality of care
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What steps should hospitals, providers and their counsel take to protect the security of digital devices and the patient information stored on a digital device?
- What are the key elements for effective policies and procedures governing the use of digital devices and apps by healthcare providers?
- What are the critical issues to consider in developing effective policies and procedures governing the practice of virtual medicine?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Ryan S. Johnson
Fredrikson & Byron
Mr. Johnson represents clients in a variety of transactions. He structures and negotiates acquisitions,... | Read More
Mr. Johnson represents clients in a variety of transactions. He structures and negotiates acquisitions, financings, equity offerings, joint ventures, strategic alliances, technology development and IP licensing arrangements. He also advises clients on a wide variety of regulatory and compliance matters, including FDA rules, state and federal privacy and security laws, fraud and abuse prohibitions.Close
Fredrikson & Byron
She devotes a substantial portion of her practice to advising physicians, clinics, hospitals and medical device... | Read More
She devotes a substantial portion of her practice to advising physicians, clinics, hospitals and medical device companies in general corporate matters and transactions. She represents buyers and sellers in stock purchases and asset purchases, and assists in the structuring and negotiating of mergers, joint ventures and other strategic partnerships among healthcare entities.Close