Digital Assets and Blockchain in M&A: Due Diligence, Key Provisions, Structuring Issues
Valuation, Compliance, and Tax Concerns
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will examine the unique issues associated with mergers and acquisitions in the crypto and blockchain sectors. The panel discussion will include technology integration, valuation, regulatory and tax concerns particular to digital assets.
- Due diligence
- Regulatory compliance issues: commodities, banking, IP, other
- Asset valuation and price volatility
- Critical provisions in M&A agreements: seller and buyer protections
- Tax issues in deal structure
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- Why are digital assets and blockchain technology so difficult to value?
- What compliance issues are of particular concern in acquiring a cryptocurrency enterprise?
- How does price volatility affect tax planning in an M&A transaction involving digital assets?
David J. Brandon
Mr. Brandon is a tax and business attorney who regularly counsels business enterprises, nonprofit organizations, and... | Read More
Mr. Brandon is a tax and business attorney who regularly counsels business enterprises, nonprofit organizations, and investors with respect to the tax aspects of domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, sales, joint ventures, commercial transactions, financings, reorganizations, spin-offs, and other significant transactions. In this context he aids clients in structuring tax-free reorganizations, crafting transfer pricing strategies and applying tax treaty principles, implementing strategies responsive to U.S. tax reform, and, where appropriate, counseling clients with respect to obtaining tax opinions and letter rulings.Close
Mr. Parkllan is a tax and business attorney with experience in international tax compliance for multinational... | Read More
Mr. Parkllan is a tax and business attorney with experience in international tax compliance for multinational businesses, investment funds, and tax-exempt organizations operating in the U.S. and U.S. territories. He assists clients in structuring cross-border acquisitions, integrating legal entities, and ensuring full utilization of U.S. federal tax incentives.Close