Developing Renewable Energy on Contaminated Land: Regulatory Challenges and Protecting Against Liability Exposure
Reusing Lands and Facilities for Solar and Wind Energy Projects; Siting, Permitting, Cleanup, EPA Liability Protections
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to renewable energy counsel on overcoming challenges in developing renewable energy projects on contaminated lands. The panel will discuss key issues in the reuse of lands and facilities for solar and wind energy, federal and state regulatory challenges, assessing and protecting against liability exposure, leases and EPA protections via CERCLA, and other key items to ensure compliance and avoid liability.
- Overview of applicable federal law and recent state regulations
- Regulatory compliance challenges and methods to overcome them
- Financing options and allocationg risks
- Siting, permitting, and cleanup issues
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key factors to consider before developing renewable energy projects on contaminated lands?
- What federal and state regulations are relevant in the reuse of potentially contaminated lands, retired power plants, etc.?
- How does the development process differ for solar versus wind projects?
- What are the risks involved in the cleanup and waste disposal and methods to avoid them?
- How can developers and investors limit their exposure to liability?
Bonnie L. Heiple
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr
Ms. Heiple focuses her practice on environmental, energy and natural resources law. She advises clients on a wide range... | Read More
Ms. Heiple focuses her practice on environmental, energy and natural resources law. She advises clients on a wide range of litigation and transactional matters, and provides strategic counsel on project development and compliance with federal and state requirements.Close
J. Barton Seitz
Mr. Seitz handles a wide range of environmental, health and safety matters, including regulatory counseling, complex... | Read More
Mr. Seitz handles a wide range of environmental, health and safety matters, including regulatory counseling, complex litigation and transactions. He has particular experience in advising corporate and public sector clients regarding complex regulatory compliance and enforcement issues arising under the major federal environmental, health and safety statutes, including the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Clean Water Act, the federal Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Clean Air Act, the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Safe Drinking Water Act and the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 09/27/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 09/27/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H