Deposing Truck Drivers and Trucking Company Representatives in Injury Cases
Questioning Deponents, Using Demonstrative Exhibits, Raising and Defending Objections, Dealing With Difficult Deponents, and More
An encore presentation featuring live Q&A
A 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare personal injury attorneys representing victims in trucking injury cases to depose truck drivers and trucking company representatives. The webinar will discuss best practices for effectively questioning deponents, videotaping driver depositions, using demonstrative exhibits, dealing with difficult drivers or trucking company representatives, and raising and defending objections. The panel will also discuss how to skillfully navigate Rule 30(b)(6) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure when preparing deposition notices for trucking company corporate representatives.
- Preparing for the deposition
- Notice requirements for 30(b)(6) deposition of trucking company representatives
- Conducting the deposition
- Questioning the driver and corporate representative
- Videotaping the deposition
- Using demonstrative exhibits
- Raising and defending objections
- Dealing with evasive or difficult deponents
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What topics should personal injury attorneys explore when questioning truck drivers and trucking company representatives during depositions?
- When and how should personal injury attorneys use demonstrative exhibits during depositions of truck drivers and trucking company representatives?
- What are some best practices for crafting a deposition notice for the trucking company representative that sufficiently defines the scope of the 30(b)(6) deposition?
- What are some best practices for dealing with difficult deponents?
- What are proven techniques for raising and defending objections during depositions of truck drivers and trucking company representatives?
This is an encore presentation with live Q&A.
J.J. Burns, Esq.
Dollar Burns & Becker
Mr. Burns focuses on truck crash litigation, and handles a range of other catastrophic injury cases. He has researched... | Read More
Mr. Burns focuses on truck crash litigation, and handles a range of other catastrophic injury cases. He has researched and written extensively about many of the details that impact truck crash litigation and other catastrophic injury cases. Mr. Burns has paid particular attention to one such detail that can prove detrimental to plaintiffs—an anachronistic legal rule operating in nearly half the country that allows a motor carrier to conceal its own negligence in hiring, training or supervising its driver by simply admitting that the negligent truck driver was its employee at the time of the crash. He is the national authority on the issue.Close
Steven M. Gursten
Michigan Auto Law
Mr. Gursten focuses his practice on serious auto and truck accident injury and wrongful death cases. He frequently... | Read More
Mr. Gursten focuses his practice on serious auto and truck accident injury and wrongful death cases. He frequently lectures at legal seminars throughout the country on trial advocacy, trucking litigation, and traumatic brain injury cases. He has recovered the top-reported jury verdict for a car or truck accident in Michigan for multiple years, according to published reports. He serves as President of the Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association and a Past Chair of the American Association (AAJ) for Justice Truck Accident Litigation Group.Close
Timothy M. Whiting
Founding & Managing Partner
Whiting Law Group
Mr. Whiting is a leading truck accident and personal injury attorney, focusing on holding trucking companies, truck... | Read More
Mr. Whiting is a leading truck accident and personal injury attorney, focusing on holding trucking companies, truck drivers and others in the transportation chain accountable for injuries to victims of personal injury and trucking accidents across the country. His track record reflects winning jury verdicts and settlements in over 10 counties across four states, winning more than $130 million in awards for clients.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/09/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 10/09/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $24.45 S&H