Deposing the Defendant's Medical Examiner in Personal Injury Cases
Preparing for and Conducting the Deposition, Leveraging Deposition Admissions at Settlement or Trial
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to personal injury attorneys for deposing the defendant’s medical examiner. The panel will explain how to determine whether to conduct a deposition; effective methods for questioning the medical examiner; tactics for exposing examiner bias and undermining the examiner's credibility; and using deposition admissions to the plaintiff’s advantage during settlement and trial.
- Evaluating whether to depose the defense medical examiner
- Preparing to depose the defense medical examiner
- Conducting the deposition
- Using deposition admissions to your advantage at trial and settlement
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- The most common challenges personal injury attorneys face when taking depositions of the defense medical examiner.
- Deposition questioning techniques that will maximize the information obtained from the medical examiner and help expose bias.
- Effective strategies for raising and responding to objections during depositions.
- Deposition testimony’s most effective uses during summary judgment, discovery, settlement and trial.
Dr. Armand Leone, Jr.
Britcher Leone & Roth
Dr. Leone is a Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist and attorney and concentrates his practice on medical... | Read More
Dr. Leone is a Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist and attorney and concentrates his practice on medical malpractice matters. He coordinates all interactions with the medical community, conducts medical research, deposes medical professionals and takes medical malpractice cases up to the point of trial. He is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology. He practiced as a radiologist prior to becoming a lawyer.Close
Benjamin A. Schwartz
Schwartz & Schwartz
Mr. Schwartz's practice focuses on serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. He has gained recognition in... | Read More
Mr. Schwartz's practice focuses on serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. He has gained recognition in Delaware as a top personal injury lawyer, recognized by Delaware Today Top Lawyers and Pennsylvania-Delaware Super Lawyers Magazine for many years running.Close
R. Mark Taneyhill
Schwartz & Schwartz
Mr. Taneyhill is a Delaware personal injury lawyer who focuses his practice on representation of those injured due to... | Read More
Mr. Taneyhill is a Delaware personal injury lawyer who focuses his practice on representation of those injured due to the carelessness and negligence of others. He primarily represents those who have been injured in car accidents, commercial truck and bus accidents, and motorcycle accidents. He also represents people injured in premises liability accidents such as slip and falls, trip and falls, and other accidents occurring on land. He has broad experience litigating asbestos and mesothelioma personal injury and wrongful death cases.Close