Deposing Named Plaintiffs in Class Litigation: Leveraging Issues of Adequacy and Commonality
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare class counsel to depose or defend depositions of named plaintiffs in class litigation. The panel will outline techniques for effectively preparing or questioning named plaintiffs and offer tactics to leverage deposition testimony during certification, settlement and trial.
- Timing of deposition
- Questioning named plaintiffs and responding to objections
- Preparing named plaintiff for deposition and objecting to deposition questions
- Using exhibits
- Using information obtained from social media
- Post-deposition strategies--class certification, settlement, trial
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What types of questions and questioning techniques will maximize the information obtained from named plaintiffs during depositions?
- What tactics are effective when responding to objections during depositions?
- What are the best ways for class counsel to raise objections to questions during the deposition?
- How are class litigators incorporating social media into the deposition process?
- How can deposition testimony be used during class certification, settlement and trial?
Reena I. Desai
Ms. Desai is a litigator who has represented employees in class and collective actions as well as individual... | Read More
Ms. Desai is a litigator who has represented employees in class and collective actions as well as individual cases. She has dedicated the majority of her career to helping thousands of employees recover unpaid wages, and has also handled cases involving race and disability discrimination. Ms. Desai is a frequent author and lecturer on employment law and litigation strategy.Close
Morrison & Foerster
Ms. Mayo’s practice focuses on consumer class actions and commercial litigation. She has represented and advised... | Read More
Ms. Mayo’s practice focuses on consumer class actions and commercial litigation. She has represented and advised clients on a variety of matters, including unfair competition and false advertising claims, tort claims, and claims under the TCPA. Ms. Mayo has extensive experience in all aspects of managing complex litigation, including developing and implementing case strategies, drafting and arguing dispositive motions, and taking and defending depositions.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 07/05/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 07/05/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H