Defending ERISA Class Actions Amid an Evolving Litigation Landscape
Leveraging Recent Developments and Supreme Court Rulings
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide class action litigators with a review of the trends and developments in 2010-2011 ERISA class action litigation and the impact of recent Supreme Court rulings on the ERISA landscape. The panel will also outline key litigation strategies for defending ERISA class claims.
- Recent ERISA class action developments and trends
- Retirement plan litigation
- Fiduciary duty litigation
- Plan administration and design litigation
- Health and retiree benefit plans
- Supreme Court cases: Impact on ERISA class action litigation
- CIGNA v. Amara
- Wal-Mart v. Dukes
- AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion
- Litigation strategies and developments
- Class certification
- Exhaustion and preemption
- Other issues
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the bases for recent ERISA class action lawsuits—and what defenses are available to plan fiduciaries?
- How is the Supreme Court's Wal-Mart v. Dukes ruling expected to impact class certification of ERISA plaintiffs?
- What litigation and settlement strategies have proven effective for counsel defending ERISA class action claims?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Ian H. Morrison
He co-chairs the firm's ERISA Litigation Practice Group. His ERISA and employee benefits litigation experience includes... | Read More
He co-chairs the firm's ERISA Litigation Practice Group. His ERISA and employee benefits litigation experience includes defense of claims for benefits, breach of fiduciary duty claims, reporting and disclosure claims, severance pay and stock option claims, and ERISA Section 510 employment discrimination claims. He has represented employers, employee benefit plans, and fiduciaries in litigation.Close
Amanda A. Sonneborn
Ms. Sonneborn has considerable experience in ERISA and employee benefits litigation including defense of claims for... | Read More
Ms. Sonneborn has considerable experience in ERISA and employee benefits litigation including defense of claims for benefits, breach of fiduciary duty claims, cash balance plan claims, breach of contract claims, and ERISA Section 510 employment discrimination claims. She devotes a considerable amount of her practice to litigation of class-action and multi-plaintiff claims.Close
Ada W. Dolph
Her practice is concentrated in ERISA litigation and employment discrimination. She regularly defends cases involving... | Read More
Her practice is concentrated in ERISA litigation and employment discrimination. She regularly defends cases involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty (including 401(k) fee litigation, “stock drop” cases, and failure to diversify), statutory penalty claims, and claims of ERISA discrimination, and has significant experience litigating these issues in the class action setting.Close